[mythtv-users] OT: Addressable Antenna Switch

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:06:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:01 PM, drew einhorn<drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Googling:
>
>    diseqc generator
>
> Returns a bunch of interesting devices.
>
> --
> Drew Einhorn

It looks to me like you can take one of these.

http://www.dipolnet.com/diseqc_1_0_generator_viper_s_115_R85254.htm

and control a 1x4 diseqc switch to select among 4 antennas,

Don't know if they make 1x8 diseqc switches, but if they do I bet you
can use it among 8 antennas.

The thing that puzzles me is the lack of a power input.

I bet there's a power injector to the left of the diseqc generator.

And I'll bet there are preamp modules you can have put between the
generator and the diseqc switch, maybe even with gain adjustable with
a fancier diseqc generator.

Or am I just dreaming this stuff up?

--
Drew Einhorn