[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Sep 9 03:07:58 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 20:33:14 Nick Rout wrote:

> > Thanks, looks like as long as you only want to use it as yourself you
> > don't need any option:
>
> Are you the same user as runs mythfrontend though? Sorry I am
> clutching at straws here as I don't presently use it (see below). I do
> recall having to use -o allow_other at some point. YMMV, contents may
> settle.

If you played with it very long ago (0.5) things were a lot different, so you
may well have needed some option, seems like wanting some other user/process
to see the files might be a common requirement.

> I don't use it at present as I have no need for it. Having an interest
> in all things multimedia I have played with it, and various software
> upnp servers from time to time. I don't presently have it installed on
> my laptop, but will play again tonight.

Don't spend time on my account, I was just checking I hadn't missed something
better.

Thanks again.

--
Brian Wood