[mythtv-users] change channel script and irsend errors on FC11

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 8 22:02:24 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 15:45:00 James Neff wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> > James Neff wrote:
> > > Can someone please post their working (and without any problems)
> > > channel change script?
> >
> > I simply used the one in the contrib area of MythTV. I had to change the
> > gap
> > timeout slightly longer, but otherwise worked as-is.
> > --
> > Mike Holden
>
> I'm still struggling with this.
>
> Channels do not change from myth.  No blinky light on my blaster.
>
> I copied channel script from:
> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.21/contrib/change-channel-lirc.sh

<deletia>

Looks like you are running the frontend as root, is that what you want to do?

You're using /root/.lircrc/lircrc, this may not be the place that file should
be, watch out for multiple copies or lircrc, and make sure you;re using the
correct one.

Looks like maybe a permission and/or environment problem.

I'd also be very concerned about:

Failed to find network interface eth0

--
Brian Wood