[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue Sep 8 20:24:39 UTC 2009

>> An ls of my mount point returns this:
>> Amazon VOD (Beta)  CBS  CNN  ESPN  Hulu  Netflix  PlayOn Channel  YouTube
>
> Odd, why would it list PLayOn along with services that should be one directory
> under that (they are PlayOn services)?

It is apparently "PlayOn Channel".  Underneath it are a couple of
directories, one of which appears to provide a way to reset the server
by selecting to play the file "Restart Server - Restart your PlayOn
Server. By choosing this, your PlayOn Server will be restarted. Note
that all currently playing media will be reset..mpg".

>> I am able to drill down into Neflix and launch files with Totem just
>> fine.  MythVideo hasn't shown me the love as of yet.  Still working on
>> that one.  But the basic upnp to filesystem via djmount seems to work
>> well with PlayOn.
>
> I don't get anythign under the PlayOn listing.
>
> I've been trying with a Lenny system, guess I'll see if an Ubuntu system
> behaves differently.
>

>> Unfortunately I do not know what the playlist option is?  I don't see
>> any reference to it in the PlayOn server.  Is this a djmount option?
>
> Yep:
>
> # -o playlists
> to render all Audio or Video files as playlists (.m3u or .ram), which contains
> an URL for the file. In this mode, only the address of the file is exported
> through djmount ; the actual content is streamed through HTTP when the
> playlist is accessed by your favorite media player. This mode was the only
> mode possible for djmount before version 0.50.

Are you using a 64-bit OS?  I ask as I am unable to get djmount to
work on my Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit system even though it did compile.  My
myth box is running Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit and djmount works there.  I
found other people having problems with 64-bit as well.

-Mark