[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue Sep 8 17:42:05 UTC 2009

>> > do you have libfuse and libfuse-dev installed?
>>
>> Yes. I'm not totally sure that libfuse-dev would not have included libfuse
>> as well, but I did install them both. Usually in a case like that Synaptic
>> would have deleted one if they were redundant. I checked them both, and
>> they both installed.
>
> I should also mention that PlayOn is not one of the "known compatible
> devices".
>
> So far I can't get it to work with PlayOn, but it does seem to work with
> Mediatomb.
>
> I haven't worked with it a lot, and I may be able to get it working with
> PlayOn, perhaps using the playlist option.
>
> But I wanted to make sure you were aware that it might not do what you set out
> to do.

Thanks for the libfuse-dev pointer.  That was indeed my compile
problem.  I guess I shouldn't have been trying to tinker so late at
night.

Thanks again, I have been able to mount the PlayOn server a play a
stream via the Totem movie play included in Ubuntu.  Now I just need
to tweak out my MythVideo settings to see if it will work.

-Mark