[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 problems with mythtv-setup

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 8 17:20:38 UTC 2009

On 09/08/2009 09:56 AM, Jan Burgmeier wrote:
> i tried to install mythtv 0.22 on my Gentoo box. I tried svn revision
> 20959 and 21710. It compiles and install fines but if I try to change
> anything in mythtv-setup my mythconverg MySQL database will be currupted.
> I tried to change the TimeOffset to AUTO and now my settings table looks
> like this:
>
> INSERT INTO `settings` (`value`, `data`, `hostname`) VALUES
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> .
> .
> .
> ('MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce', '1', '0');

Looks like your database settings are broken--I'm nearly positive your
system's hostname is /not/ '0'.  :)

> I don't know if this is a failure in my MySQL Server or in the
> mythtv-setup. I hope you can help me.
>
> PS: MySQL Server is: 5.0.84-log and UTF-8 is choosen as the default
> encoding.

Just because you mentioned Gentoo, did your database upgrade proceed
properly?  Did you have any corruption issues?  Did you follow
instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ,
if necessary?

If you had any problems, these may be the true source of the issue.

Mike