[mythtv-users] DVB-S : no lock

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Sep 8 14:13:38 UTC 2009

Andre Newman schrieb:

> On 8 Sep 2009, at 14:04, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>
>> DVBS2 would mean switching LNB as well, correct?

> No, all works with the same LNB & dish, needs a different satellite
> card, newer drivers (S2API) and a different MythTV though, I have a Nova
> HD-S2 and a HVR-4000 for Myth 0.22 when it's ready. For UK TV on Astra
> at 28E you only need DVBS2 for Sky encrypted HD channels, BBC HD and ITV
> HD are DVBS well, at least for the moment they are, I'm crossing fingers
> that Myth 0.22 is out and stable by the time they switch to DVBS2.
>
> There are some un-encrypted DVBS2 channels on Astra 1 19E and Hotbird 13E

I think I will wait with DVBS2, my current focus is to solve all the
small issues I have with my current setup.

>> It *could* be that one adapter silently failed some time ago, and I
>> didn't notice the real source of the problems until now.
>
> That's what happened to me, only one channel I wanted was affected and I
> only recorded something every other month from that, it was only when I
> did a fresh scan that I realised why I'd had the odd failed recording.

Maybe I hit the bug mentioned by Michel some months ago and never
realized the underlying problems. I sometimes had some defective
recordings but never took care of really finding the reason. It was just
annoying from time to time, but never that important ...

Now, as I moved to new hardware, I want to "get it all right" and this
lead to this thread.

Stefan