[mythtv-users] Why did you pick MythTV VS the other PVRs?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Tue Sep 8 02:11:44 UTC 2009

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>, said on Mon Sep 07, 2009 [08:07:38 PM]:
} On Monday 07 September 2009 19:16:01 Larry Finger wrote:
} > Brian Wood wrote:
} > > If they give you a hard time, tell them the receiver is installed in an
} > > RV, you might lose the ability to order some of the premium sports
} > > packages, and the ability to order PPV with your remote (you'll have to
} > > call them and pay more), but nothing else bad should happen.
} >
} > My DirecTv receiver is installed in an RV, and has never been hooked
} > to a phone line in the 10 years I have had my subscription. I am not
} > allowed to take any of the sports packages; however, I can elect to
} > get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox from both New York and LA. That gives one a
} > lot more options for seeing/recording their programming.
}
} Can you order PPV with the remote?
}

the new units have ethernet connectivity that is sufficient
if you dont want to connect or have a phone line.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org