[mythtv-users] OT: Addressable Antenna Switch

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 22:07:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:22 PM, <bhaskins at chartermi.net> wrote:

> ---- Dennis Cartier <dennis.cartier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For anyone interested in this sort of thing, I located (with a bit of help)
>> the original post I remembered seeing. It is at
>> http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=106210
>>
>> The OP did end up using a DiSEqC sans the brains.I plan to proceed in a
>> similar fashion.
>>
>> Dennis
> Are these still available?
> If so, where?

Not sure if the exact model the OP used is still around,
but there's lots of similar stuff,  need the "c" in diseqc,
don't find much without it.

    http://www.google.com/products?q=diseqc&scoring=p
    http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A1234&_nkw=diseqc&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

It's all based on open standards, lots of links from here.

http://www.tech-faq.com/diseqc.shtml

If you do build a microcontroller that will run an antenna selector
based on cheap diseqc switches I'll bet you'd have a bunch of folks
from around here who would want to buy one.

Might want to have an optional preamp up near the antenna.

I'm just guessing the standards may allow power and control signals to
be passed thru the diseqc switch, no we would have to pass power and
control through the preamp to the switch.

Bet the ham radio lists would be a good place to ask this question.

--
Drew Einhorn