[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 11:45:42 UTC 2009

> Is this an indicator that my TV card is knackered? Or is it something simple
> that I have overlooked?

Most likely either the kernel dvb drivers haven't loaded or you have a
permission problem on the dvb devices in /dev

For the drivers you can run lsmod (though I'm not sure what drivers
I'd expect to see for your card)

have a look in /dev/dvb and see that your adaptor and frontend have
been created.  Then check what permissions they have been assigned.
If the devices exist then the drivers have loaded - they'll need to be
accessible to the user you run your backend as.

To get around the permission issue run tzap as root, and make sure
that mythbackend isn't running, otherwise it will grab the dvb
devices.