[mythtv-users] nvidia 9500GT with HDMI port

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 20:46:47 UTC 2009

2009/9/6 Jongi <jongitech at gmail.com>:
> http://www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?lineid=1&pronameid=508
>
> Would I be correct in thinking that the above card will not require that
> i connect audio output to SPDIF because it has a dedicated HMDI port?

Now you won't be correct.

No nvidia discrete card currently has an onboard audio controller; you
always have to use a SPDIF passthrough cable to get sound  over
HDMI/DVI

If it doesn't have a passthrough connector, you won't get sound.

Looking that the manual, that card uses a SPDIF passthrough connector,
but that cable is optional...