[mythtv-users] HD rendering: what takes the horsepower?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Sep 6 04:02:55 UTC 2009

This is something that's been bugging me....

If I have HD souce at 1,920x1,080 and I play it back at that resolution
I better have some really powerful graphics hardware.

On the other hand, if I play it back at, say, 1,024x768, where do I need
the horsepower?  Is the CPU still going to be taxed at the same level as
with the full resolution playback?  What about the GPU?

Thanks,

--Yan

--

   o__