[mythtv-users] ATSC/QAM tuner card recommendations

zablal baz zablalbaz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:33:58 UTC 2009

Hey All,

I'm thinking about dropping my DirecTV, and just "going off the grid" as it
were.  I still have TW cable basic though, and that comes with the major
networks in HD.  I currently watch those through the QAM tuner in my TV.
However, I would like to DVR those channels on my mythbox if possible.  The
DVR functionality is one thing I'm really going to miss when I cancel
DirecTV... :(

Can anyone suggest a tuner card for that purpose?  Currently, I have a
hauppage PVR-150 that I don't use at all - the mythbox is just a "movie
station."  The PVR-150 doesn't have a QAM tuner that I know of.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!