[mythtv-users] Geforce 8600 S-Video Problems

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Sat Sep 5 00:56:57 UTC 2009

MaverickTech Lists <mavlist at mavericktech.com.au> writes:

> It appears that all support for overscan adjustment is gone from the
> nVidia drivers in linux, for recent nVidia cards.  No matter what
> version of driver I tried I could not adjust the overscan to bring the
> image back within the confines of my TV/S-Video display.  The image so
> so far out of the park that without some adjustment of overscan it was
> not usable.  The overscan sliders are missing from the nvidia-settings
> program, and any overscan related entries in xorg.conf seem to be
> ignored these days.  Well, ignored on recent gfx cards.

If you go into setup->appearance you can adjust the size and offset to
compensate for too much overscan. My nvdia card insists that my old SD
tv can do 1024x768. I used the controls to turn it down to
920x724+43+30, and now it just fits perfectly. mplayer was a bit more
of a pain, but try the -xy option.

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants                 (519) 650 0660