[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network – ready for mainstream?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 3 01:48:23 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> Intel's nomenclature is horrible, I often see "dual core Pentium" machines on
> offer, which of course are not core 2 duos. It's like they purposely confused
> the nomenclature so they could sell old crap to unknowing buyers.

The best course with Intel is to skip all the marketing-speak and look
up the actual part number.  They're confusing, too -- beware the
differences between L, E, and X chips with the same numbers -- but at
least they don't depend on who was writing the ad copy.

> AMD is not as bad at naming things, though even they are getting worse.

What always bugged me about AMD was how coy they were about telling you
the clock speed.