[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR 500 with HP Media Center Bracket

Nicholas Meyer npmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:34:57 UTC 2009

I'm considering building a MythTV system, and I'm looking for a
capture card.  I've noticed there are lots of Hauppauge PVR-500 units
available around the internet that have a different bracket on the
back than the typical desktop PCI bracket (like this one:
http://www.getpartsonline.com/wintv-pvr-500.html?source=googlebase&code=wintv-pvr-500).
 From what I can tell by searching the net, these cards were pulled
from HP's pre-built media center systems.

Does anyone have any experience installing one of these cards into a
standard PCI slot with a desktop case?  Is it easy to do, or not worth
the trouble?  I'm not a hardware expert.

Thanks,
Nick Meyer
npmeyer at gmail.com