[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network -- ready for mainstream?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Sep 3 00:02:21 UTC 2009

On Wed, September 2, 2009 4:53 pm, Bill Williamson wrote:
> For home use?  If someone is compromising your linux boxes and ...
> deleting your tv shows? ... I guess it's good that they can't then
> make a phone call using asterisk?  Or something?

To be sure, it's not as big a concern for home use.  But if you have, say,
a public web server and also a file server where you keep backups of
personal data, you may not want those running in the same VM.  Any time
you have a network that's connected to the Internet, you have to think
about security.