[mythtv-users] Auto Comm Flagging Versus Manual

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 2 19:46:35 UTC 2009

On 09/01/2009 07:10 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> From the mythwiki:
>
> "Note: 'Automatically flag commercials' in a show's recording options must be
> enabled for any method other than 'blank frame detection' to work. That is to
> say, only blank frame detection flagging will work if commflagging is run as a
> job at a later date."
>
> Is this still the case in MythTV 0.21? if so is there any particular reason
> for it?
>

> I wonder because I've been testing commflagging with manually started jobs via
> MythWeb, but it looks as if that's not a proper test.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/183205#183205
straight from the author's keyboard...

The help text for the quoted setting changed to:

Commercial Flagging Method
This determines the method used by MythTV to detect when commercials
start and end.

/before/ 0.21 was released, so the wiki page just needs updated.  I'd
very much appreciate your updating the wiki.

Mike