[mythtv-users] OT: Recommendation on Nvidia Card

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 15:41:50 UTC 2009

>>   Another option would be a pasive S-Video -> Composite adapter - they can
>> be purchased from Radio Shack for about $25 (Model: 15-1238), or from online
>> retailers like http://www.partsexpress.com (search for "S-Video Converter")
>> for about $5 + shipping.
>>

> There are much cheaper ones:
>
>    http://www.google.com/products?q=s-video+composite+%22cables+to+go%22&hl=en&scoring=p
>
> Don't know how they compare to the Radio Shack ones.

I believe this is what he was already using and having problems with.
His manufacturer's website explicitly said that no S-video to
composite converters will work. I gave up on those anyway. The picture
quality with S-video is much better, and you can get really nice CRT
TV's with S-video and component inputs for $40 on Craigslist because
everybody is getting rid of them.