[mythtv-users] Way to check the status of a tuner from command line

Wed Sep 2 13:53:08 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 22:56:07 Raymond Wagner wrote:
> Eric A. Boney wrote:
> > Does anyone else have any other ideas that could be causing the tuner
> > to go from connected to unconnected status every single day? There are
> > no messages in either the master or slave logs either.
>
> I have a SBE with no local hard drives.  It records over NFS to the
> shares on the MBE.  If for whatever reason the SBE loses NFS access,
> mythbackend will hang until access returns, and will be marked as
> unconnected.
Hi Ray:

I just stumbled into this being a possibility last night. When I was tooling
around with attempting to fix the tuner via the command line I figured out
that for some reason my NFS connection to the server was going extremely slow.
Not really sure why at this point, but it got me thinking it actually might be
the issue.

Have you done anything to keep this from occuring or to get the NFS connection
back up on your end?

-Eric