[mythtv-users] mythcommflag is pretty darn amazing

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 2 06:42:51 UTC 2009

On Wed Sep  2 16:37 , Yeechang Lee  sent:

>Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk> says:
>> I'd say that mythcommflagging is very dependent on the network broadcaster
>> logo in the top corner.
>
>See, that's what amazes me. I understand commercial detection via
>logos, but mythcommflag is able to quite accurately distinguish
>between commercial and program in my CNBC example despite one third of
>a very busy screen (including the corner logo) unchanging at all
>times.

The only time I've noticed it doesn't work is when the commercial break begins
with a news update... (the 60 second bulletin things).. It subsequently seems to
fail the rest of the ad break. Occasionally if the break begins with a station ad
it also misses it. Unfortunately that is about once per hour in Australia.

Is there anyone in Australia who has found a way around this?