[mythtv-users] hardware questions for HD to SD playback

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 01:43:41 UTC 2009

> I'd consider carefully.  It's a LOT of overscan, enough to take off
> practically the whole taskbar on the top/bottom of the screen, and even
> more on the sides.

The amount of overscan depends on your TV. Many TVs will have no
overscan, while for others it can be significant. Since I only use
mine for mythtv I just used the built screen adjustments and I don't
notice the difference.  I do everything else via VNC and SSH so it
doesn't matter. The major boost in picture quality that VDPAU gave me
was well worth the loss of overscan adjustment. But that is just my
opinion. I guess I still hope that nvidia will fix it eventually.