[mythtv-users] (US) Dump Comcast for a dish, good Mythtv decision?

David Schlenk mythtv at schdav.org
Tue Sep 1 14:47:41 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 9:59 PM, drew einhorn<drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another option that I have not taken a look at in years is a big dish.
> I just googled and discovered it is still an option.
>
> Last time I looked (which was years ago) you could subscribe to
> the handful of channels you actually watched and not have to buy
> a big package with a hundred or more channels that you never watch.
>
> Here's a link to a page with some amazing pictures.
>
>    http://www.skyvision.com/fta/multifeed.htm
>
> And here's a link to the skyvision store index page:
>
>    http://skyvision.com/store/skystoreindex.html
>
> Is anybody using mythtv with big dishes?

I looked into it before I signed up with Dish but it didn't really
seem cost effective. Also I'd need a BUD in my backyard and that's
just one more thing to mow around, paint, it looks bad, probably makes
my house worth less, etc. It would be fun to play around with some of
the free to air stuff but at the same time I have better things to do
than try to tune in 300 religious channels and random local news
remote feeds. Which are probably all encrypted now anyway.