[mythtv-users] OT: Recommendation on Nvidia Card

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:55:24 UTC 2009

> The 8600 came with an svideo-to-component adapter.  I'm using an
> svideo-to-composit that came with the older FX5200 card.
>
> If the adapter is the problem, why would I see output on the screen during
> bootup...scrolling text and Mythbuntu load progress bar scrolling?

It isn't and S-video to component adapter. That port is a proprietary
DIN connector (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_Connector). Some of
the pins will map to a component signal. In most cards that have
support for standard S-video also in the same port. If you look
closely there will be way more pins than the 4 used in S-video. I
suppose some of the cards may not support S-video but I think most of
the with the DIN connectors do support S-video. You may want double
check the box, manufacturer website, or newegg and make sure that it
claims S-video support.