[mythtv-users] Am I getting full channel sound?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:33:04 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/9/1 Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com>:

> I tried that and could hear the sound going to each of the speakers
> (and I am sure my downstairs neighbors loved the bass that shook my
> floor, their roof).  So I think everything is proper, but I do still
> indication of ch2(2) in the console output:

I explained why before...
AC3/DTS is transported over the digital link as a stereo PCM content.

So that's what being sent : a stereo output, and your receiver does
the decoding job.

Your receiver won't do the upmixing unless you manually change the
audio mode when you're listening to stereo content. Manually selecting
profile like Prologic I or II, DTS-Neo etc..