[mythtv-users] Problems after Kubuntu upgrade to 9.10

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 10:46:34 UTC 2009

I recklessly decided to upgrade my 3 Kubuntu boxes from 9.04 to 9.10 and
now have a number of issues with my previously fully functional MythTV
Setup.

1. Certain recordings will not play when selected in the either the
BESlave/frontend or the Stand-alone Frontend (They will play on the
Master Backend) - I just get this message:

Recording Unavailable
Program Title
The file for this recording can not be found

I have tried to play the recorings both by streaming from the backend
and from an nfs share. One observation I have made is that the failing
recording all have the same preview thumbnail (although it's not the
same between frontends) and that a recording in the middle of a number
of these recordings that has a different (correct preview image) will
play. Once I've played a recording, the preview thumbnail for all of the
failing recordings changes to match that of the just played file!

2. MythWeb now returns a blank page to the web browser, this is a pain
for me as I have got into the habit of using MythWeb exclusively for
scheduling recordings.

3. The Video List now only shows files that are in the database (and I
can't seem to find where to rescan the Video folders to update the
database), this means that newly added videos don't show up. Another
user has also highlighted this problem, so I will watch that thread to
see if a solution is posted.

Any help to resolve these problems will be gratefully received.

Regards,
Dave.