[mythtv-users] Can't get 9.10 Karmic Beta to work - no sound, poor video

Paul paul at paulhurley.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 10:31:49 UTC 2009

I've got an old Dell system running Mythbuntu 8.04 quite well using a
Hauppauge Nova DVB-T stick. Seeing that Karmic 9.10 will use Myth 0.22 I
thought I'd try to update things. I've scrounged a HP Compaq Evo D530
box (typical office PC, P4 2.66Ghz, 1Gb Mem small form factor etc) and a
Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE card.

I planned to install the beta, play about getting the box to record off
of my Sky box analogue output, then install the final release and add
the DVB-T stick. However I have several issues with the beta that I
can't get around;

I don't have any sound from the PVR150. This is both from the box, or
from recordings I watch on another box after downloading
Video playback is jerky
I can't get tvtime to work to check out the card, giving an error about
YUY2 Hardware video overlays, also xvinfo reports no adaptors present.
The box has an intel videoset (Intel 82865G)

Right now I don't know if its the intel graphics, the hauppauge card or
the Karmic beta ? Does anyone have any ideas ? Is anyone else running
myth successfully on an Evo D530

Thanks,

Paul.