[mythtv-users] Mouse friendly myth?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Fri Oct 30 14:57:10 UTC 2009

LuKreme wrote:
> [oops, was supposed to be part of previous message]
>
> On Oct 27, 2009, at 10:39 AM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> (OK, honey, to fast forward you wiggle the mouse *this* way, and to
>> jump back you wiggle the mouse this slightly different way…)
>
> Erm.. no, that would be even more annoying. You have a controller come
> up when the mouse moves (when the mouse moves a certain amount, not
> just any mouse movement. Say, 100 pixels or more) which has pause,
> rewind, fastforward, and a playhead scrubber.
>
> Nothing to learn, just point and click and the wife can manage it and
> so can the 4yo.

Esp. if you combine it with a WiiMote... I played with a WiiMote
connected to a Linux PC both as pointing device and as a whiteboard
device (where it observes the screen, looking for an IR marker), and it
works nicely!

I would see a use for a MythTV with WiiMote combination in my house!  ;)

--
Francesco