[mythtv-users] Skipping and time length messed up [Hijacked]

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 14:45:48 UTC 2009

--- On Sat, 10/24/09, MarcT <myrdhn at gmail.com> wrote:

Not to hijack but has anyone else seen issues with length being a few mins
longer or shorter but autoskip commercials is fine? Skip forward and back
are fine as well. I just am having issues with shows that I know are 60 mins
sometimes reading other times. I'm not talking about 59 mins xx seconds I'm
talking about 54 min recordings in playback but when you look at the details
it said it was recorded for 60 mins from 9pm to 10pm.

Examples:
White Collar says it recorded from 10:00pm to 11:12pm (1 hour 12 mins), but
when I playback it says the file duration is 1 hour 4 mins 11 seconds.
Trauma was recorded from 9:00pm to 10:00pm, but the duration on playback
says 51 mins 4 seconds.

MarcT

Yep.
I see it on recordings from HD channels like CBS, NBC, etc. Some are a few minutes different, some hour long recordings show 44-45 minutes.
Skips are off relatively too. What should be a 20 second skip, skips closer to a minute and the 1 minute jump almost two.
Clear cable recordings from either my A180 or ATSC 115.