[mythtv-users] Possible Front End Idea?

mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 08:24:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've only just spotted this on my email and haven't given it a great deal
of research, but my first thought was "hm, wonder if this could be used as
a front end in some way".

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132755/

For £40, it says it can stream "High Definition Content" in 1080i over a
network.  It also looks compact and I'll assume quiet.
If honest, for the money, I'm not sure I could build a front end for that.

I'm just not sure how I'd connect it to myth.  It could get a bit messy
there.  Perhaps some sort of script to output recordings and rename them as
per
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Periodic_Maintenance#mythrename.pl
could be used.
Hm, I wonder if you could get inside it and put your own OS on there...

What do you guys think, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

No affiliation to either ebuyer or ZyXEL.

MG