[mythtv-users] 0.22 The .iso / Storage groups problem

Marius Schrecker marius at schrecker.org
Fri Oct 30 07:31:12 UTC 2009

 On Fri Oct 30  8:16 , Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:On 10/30/2009 03:01, Marius Schrecker wrote:
>> Thanks for your comments David, Yes. Am trying the separate dir for iso's approach, and it's no problem to mount over nfs on the remote frontends.
>>

>>If you have to mount your ISOs over NFS, why not just use NFS to handle
>all videos?

Hi Raymond,
   Thanks for the response. That was my initial approach also, as mythvideo worked well up to and including 0.21 without SG's.  I had some trouble initially when I removed the storage groups that were set up by default, hence the question to the list. Have also been struggling with live tv, and want to stick as close to the default approach as possible whilst I try to sort that out.

   The general concensus seemed to be that it was simpler at the FE level if most of the videos were handled by storage groups, which have several advantages over the traditional approach.

I'm also interested to see how well the SG approach works for most content, and don't want to change the way the whole system operates, based on one problem set of DVD's

Cheers!
Marius