[mythtv-users] How much video memory does the Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H allow?

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 30 00:39:08 UTC 2009

David Asher wrote:

> Are you sure the total ram is only 1GB?  After a quick bit of googling
> it looks like the R3600 and R3610 both come with 2GB.
>
> I assume you're not in the US?
>
> I'm worried that with only 1GB of ram (which is what the US single
> core version (AR1600) comes with it will limit the video memory to 256MB.
>
> David.

Absolutely sure; 1Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD (the single core boxes were actually
ordered from Play.com and Amazon as 8Gb SSDs, but like most people I
actually received an 160Gb HDD model). The dual cores were ordered from
Ballicom.

You can buy all sort of options with the REVO.

I think from memory that only the Linux version comes with 1Gb, all the
windows versions come with 2G or 4G.

If you check :

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3600-atom-330-dual-core-1gb-160gb-linux.p466112.html

You'll see the dual core on sale for £154.20 with 1Gb RAM and 160Gb HDD
(although not currently in stock).
They got 64 in stock about a week ago and sold out in a couple of days.

At the same time, they have :

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3601-atom-330-dual-core-2gb-250gb-windows-7-premium.p466113.html
at £252.99, in stock and not shifting as quickly.

And:

http://www.ballicom.co.uk/laptops/sub-notebook/acer-revo-3601-atom-330-dual-core-4gb-500gb-windows-7-premium-wireless-keyboardmousenetwork.p466114.html
at £302.86, in stock and not shifting as quickly.