[mythtv-users] Does video card brand matter? VDPAU

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 29 21:46:34 UTC 2009

On Thursday 29 October 2009 15:34:15 Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM, aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 17:28, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> >> nVidia often uses scantilly-clad females on their GeForce series of
> >> cards, but, interestingly, they never use such images on the Quadro
> >> series. I think there is some sort of lesson there.
> >
> > Yeah... don't bother keeping the box if you buy a Quadro ;-)
> >
> > aaron
>
> In fairness to nVidia, they provide the chipset, the manufacturer
> (ASUS, Chaintech, etc) are responsible for the scantily clad
> marketing.  Check out the nVidia web site, it's quite professional.

Good point, but a lot of the graphics include copyrighted nVidia stuff, so
they are at least acceding to that sort of campaign.

ATI does the same thing, probably because they are targetting the same
demographic.

I just feel insulted when a vendor thinks that such imagery will convince me
to purchase something.

But, as I said, it must work or they wouldn't continue to do it.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org