[mythtv-users] Movies versus TV Series

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 29 21:24:02 UTC 2009

On 10/29/2009 04:42 PM, bit maelstrom wrote:
>> Or just use a "this showing" rule (and use "Find other showings of this
>> title" if you're trying to work around a conflict).
> Yeechang said that "title" was not specific? So would this work? This is
> basically my question really: If MythTV gives me a list of movies--it knows
> therefore what a movie is--then why would it record a TV show?

"This showing" is basically this title on this channel in this time
slot.  So, I suppose it's theoretically possible that your broadcaster
would reconsider and decide to air the TV show in that time slot after
you got the initial listing showing the movie in that time slot, and
then Myth would record the wrong thing.  :)

But, in general, if you do "this showing" for a movie, it will record
the movie.  You just lose out on the automatic shuffling the scheduler
can do with "any time" rules and reschedule higher priorities (so you
need to choose the appropriate showing).

Mike