[mythtv-users] 0.22 The .iso / Storage groups problem

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 19:44:24 UTC 2009

----- "Marius Schrecker" <marius at schrecker.org> wrote:

> Sorry about sending to you directly Nasa.
>
>  Here's the updated thread to the list:

> live
> nfs

> storage
> for

> >>Yes,
> >
> >>your right about that:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/Storage_Groups#Storage_directories.  One
> >>group is defined as *default*.  All I did was set it to an empyt
> directory (ie: /mnt/store/)
> >>and then mounted and/or symlinked my nfs mounts to that.
> >>
> >>Nasa
> >
> >Sorry Nasa, I'm still confused.
> >
> >I can see how setting the default storage group to an empty directory
> on a fs with enough free space for the tv buffer, but then I would
> expect that to stream automatically to the remote frontends, without
> needing any special mounts.
> >
> >I'm also unclear about whether using the default storage group, will
> cause problems with mythvideo. Logically I would expect mythvideo to
> be included in the "default group, but excluded by deleting the
> default group and setting an explicit group for live tv. But can't
> find the exact procedure documented anywhere. I'm still having other
> issues with LiveTV (HD-PVR) so would like to exclude storage group
> issues as far as possible before I can test.

MythVideo isn't in the default group (I'm not in front of my machine right now,
but I am pretty sure that's the case).

> > Are you saying that the approach you describe allows you to watch
> live tv AND lets you set the mythvideo directories at the frontend
> level..i.e. you can play iso files without any problems?
Yes,

I sure am..  In fact, as of today, you can set up storage groups for *some*
of your vidoes and not for others...  ie: set up a SG in mythtv-setup and place
all of you none .iso files there.  In mythfrontend, setup a directory which is
different than the one set up for your SG and place all of your .iso files there.
When you scan, all of your videos should be available.

Nasa