[mythtv-users] VDPAU corruption

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Thu Oct 29 17:03:01 UTC 2009

With VDPAU, about 1/4 of the way down my screen, I get a blocky effect.
It is hard to describe, but the amount of blockiness is proportional to
the brightness and amount of movement in the video. The blocky effect
appears the entire width of the screen. I'm not sure of the height,
perhaps 20-40 pixels.

I have seen it on two different frontends. It is worse on my IONITX. On
a regular PC frontend, it happens with VDPAU on but is fine without.

I am using Advanded 1X deinterlace on both.

Anyone else seeing this? I wonder if there is some type of software
corruption going on since it is always in the same portion of the screen.