[mythtv-users] Can't set keybindings for some keys on 0.22RC1

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 18:02:47 UTC 2009

Hey.

So, I upgraded to 0.22 using JYA's packages, since the upgrade MythTV
isn't recognising button presses for a number of buttons on my MCE-USB
remote (the Phillips one). Specifically anything bound to a function
key (F1-12) in my .lircrc.
`irw` picks up the keypresses correctly and displays the output you'd
expected given my lircrc, but MythTV still says "waiting for keypress"
when I try and set keybindings for these buttons. It's as though
MythTV is using an entirely different lircrc (even though the one in
~/.mythtv is symlinked to ~/.lircrc).

All of my other LIRC-aware programs are responding as expected, and my
LIRC configuration hasn't changed since 0.21 (when it was working
flawlessly).

Any pointers? I'm using lircd 0.8.4a on Mythbuntu 9.04, and the
"srcversion" attribute in `modinfo lirc_mceusb2` says
"C25EC95198EA9588DC14D17".

Ben