[mythtv-users] latest recommendation for VDPAU PCI card

Nick F nikos.f at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 16:51:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM, sdkovacs <sdkovacs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> With the soon to be released .22, I hope to move to a real video card.
> Currently I'm using the TV-OUT of a PVR-350. What is the recommended
> NVIDIA PCI card? Will I run into PCI bus saturation problems if I'm
> running a PVR-150, PVR-350 and a video card all on the PCI bus?

I use a Sparkle 8400GS PCI card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187042 in an
Atom-based frontend.  Works fine and plays back SD/HD/Blu-rays
perfectly.  You are limited in deint methods in HD, but other than
that no issues.  Mine is in a FE only system, so nothing competing for
PCI bandwidth.