[mythtv-users] Intermittent Low frame rate on Front end PC

Rob Aley rob at active-net.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 13:00:20 UTC 2009

I have a problem with my Front end machine. When I first select Live
TV it often shows the picture at a very low frame rate (I'm guessing
something like 5fps). The audio is fine, its just the picture. The
only way I can get back to normal speed image is to change the tuner
to another (and either use that or change back to the original tuner,
which then works fine). Other than being annoying if all other tuners
are in use then I can't fix it.

Also, in a similar vein, when I'm watching pre-recorded shows and
pause them, when I press play again the same thing happens, and the
only way to get back to normal frame rate is to mark the position, go
back to the menu and start playing again. This happens less frequently
though.

It seems to only happen on the front end machine (an Advent laptop),
when I've tried viewing on the backend machine I can't recreate the
problem (a Dell server with a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI DVB-T
dual tuner with each tuner set to be able to record 2 concurrent
programs). Both machines are running Ubuntu JJ.

Has anyone come across this issue before?

Thanks

Rob