[mythtv-users] latest recommendation for VDPAU PCI card

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Oct 27 06:44:26 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 23:39, sdkovacs wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> With the soon to be released .22, I hope to move to a real video card.
> Currently I'm using the TV-OUT of a PVR-350. What is the recommended
> NVIDIA PCI card? Will I run into PCI bus saturation problems if I'm
> running a PVR-150, PVR-350 and a video card all on the PCI bus?
>
> Thanks is advance

If you're playing VDPAU-capable content, it's all going to be
compressed.  You will only consume a couple MBps of bandwidth during
playback.  If you're playing something else, it will be transferred at
full resolution and framerate (of the video).  Standard definition
should be fine. 720p may cause problems.  1080i/p is right out.

If all your content is from IVTV cards, why not just get an older AGP
card and use software playback?