[mythtv-users] MythSqueezebox2 plugin for MythTV 0.22

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:38:00 UTC 2009

> Looks really nice. Just cant get it moving...
>
> 2009-10-26 13:52:47.013 CREATING MYTHSQUEEZEBOX2 WINDOW
> from /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Graphite/mythsqueezebox2-ui.xml
> from /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default-wide/mythsqueezebox2-ui.xml
> from /usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/default/mythsqueezebox2-ui.xml
> 2009-10-26 13:52:47.054 INITIALIZING PLAYER AND CLI INTERFACE
> ioctl SIOCGIFHWADDR: No such device

It looks like the software isn't pulling a MAC address for your
system, and since all communication with the squeezebox server is
based on the MAC address of the players, it's getting confused.  The
code that grabs the MAC address assumes that you are using "eth0" for
your network interface -- something I meant to fix before putting this
code out.  I'm assuming that it is somehow failing at this point.  You
may want to look at the output of ifconfig to see what your interfaces
are and what they are reporting for MAC addresses.

The code is in the mythsqueezebox2.cpp file in getplayerMACAddress().
I'm not an expert (and really only barely competent) at network
interfaces, so the code here is definitely in need of help.  If you
have any suggestions -- or if anyone on the list knows a better way --
to get a relevant MAC address, please let me know.  As a short term
fix, you could always hard code in a MAC address to be reported by
getplayerMACAddress().  Be aware that the output is escape encoded.

George