[mythtv-users] Myth can't handle daylight time saving?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 26 14:18:51 UTC 2009

On Monday 26 October 2009 07:58:49 Ronald Frazier wrote:
> Yeah, myth is quirky with DST changes, but with it only happening
> twice a year and in the middle of the night, not a high priority for
> many people. But it's not only myth that's quirky. Looking at my
> schedule, I think the Schedules Direct data adds to the confusion. It
> appear that they handle the time change at 6AM rather than the
> official 2AM. Looking at my schedule, I'm seeing tons of shows that
> should be 30 minutes but start at 4:30 AM and run until 6AM. Of
> course...that doesn't seem right, as that sounds like what you should
> see in the spring time change, not fall. Trying to figure out how that
> could happen is getting me all confused.

The "Broadcast Day" begins at 0600 (6:00AM), not midnight or 0200, so the
information provided to SD by the broadcasters probably handles it that way,
so you can't really blame SD for that sort of confusion.

Back when I worked in TV, DST changes were always a challenge, in many ways,
including time sheets for the hourly workers, and certain Union rules that
pertained to scheduling. It was a real mess.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org