[mythtv-users] Myth can't handle daylight time saving?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Oct 25 23:00:10 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Pilkington" <J.Pilk at tesco.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Myth can't handle daylight time saving?

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> <fixed top posting and quoting>
>> On Oct 25, 2009 12:31 PM, "Michael T. Dean" wrote:
>>> On 10/25/2009 06:18 AM, raptor jr wrote:
>>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5853
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5853
>
> Mike

I had two programmes scheduled near the BST > UTC change, both on the
same channel (UK Channel 4) and set up from the EIT-derived Programme
Guide.

The 'Watch recordings' screen shows the first as running from 0111(BST)
to 0136(UTC), the second from 0141(UTC) to 0343(UTC). Changeover was
0200 BST > 0100 UTC.

What I got was one recording of 25 minutes and one of 182 minutes: the
first an hour too short, the second an hour too long.  After some
manipulation the first recording now has a short section missing and the
second is as expected.  It's all quite logical but not quite as desired.

Also the Programme Guide around this time shows two sets of programme
info superimposed and won't go backwards over the change on channels
where ambiguity exists.

This is on an fc10.x86_64 box running ATrpms build 0.22-216_trunk_r22514

John P