[mythtv-users] diskless server setup problems

David L idht4n at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:26:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm a noob trying to get a diskless server running using
mythbuntu 9.10 beta.  I found this help page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/Hardy/Diskless

But I'm having problems with a few of the steps:

For example, "wget http://laga.ath.cx/030-mythbuntu" fails because
the page doesn't exist.  Ok, well maybe that step is no longer needed,
so I tried the next step:

sudo ltsp-build-client --mythbuntu --mythbuntu-copy-user-credentials

That fails with the message:

/usr/sbin/ltsp-build-client: unrecognized option
'--mythbuntu-copy-user-credentials'

In the --extra-help page, I found --mythbuntu-copy-user-credentials that
requires an argument.  Should I use that option with the default user
account as the argument?

Thanks in advance,

          David