[mythtv-users] Problem running Jamu from cron job

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Sun Oct 25 07:27:49 UTC 2009

Hi Guys

Made the switch to 0.22 a few days ago, and all is going great. The one
problem I cannot figure out though is this error message I'm getting
when running Jamu from a cron job:

> /etc/cron.daily/jamu2:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/MythLog.py:34: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
>   self.message = message
>
> ! Error: The MythTV python interface is not installed or Cannot connect to MythTV Backend. MythTV meta data cannot be updated
>
> Exception AttributeError: "'MythDB' object has no attribute 'db'" in <bound method MythDB.__del__ of <MythTV.MythDB.MythDB object at 0x7fb0b0438310>> ignored

The line in cron is identical to that on the Jamu wiki page. Obviously
the myth python interface is installed, and I can run it all fine from
the command line.

Cheers

Dunc