[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 firewire problem

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 05:42:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Ken Bass <kbass at kenbass.com> wrote:
> The configure script is not detecting firewire properly. I'm on Fedora 11
> x86_64.
>
> I had to modify the script to force firewire="yes" and libavc_5_3="yes".

I had this problem as well (Fedora 11, x86_64).  It turned out to be
an environment problem in my case.  The script does not detect the
firewire because the libraries aren't in the library search path.  I
solved it (probably not the correct way to fix it) by adding
/usr/lib64 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This is not a mythtv issue.

Any suggestions on how to correctly add /usr/lib64 to the library
search path are welcome.

Ron