[mythtv-users] Feature request: Decluttering known programs

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 15:48:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

Please see the page I created
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Known_program_feature and let me know what
you think. This is a request to add a feature where the user can
indicate that certain programs are 'known' to them. This can then be
used to alter the user-interface, to allow the user to toggle a view to
only show 'unknown' programs in the schedules.

Every week as I trawl through my listings magazine, I've thought that
there should be a better way to hide all the programs that I already
know about, and the above link gives my suggestion on how to achieve
this in Myth.

Note that I've deliberately tried to avoid calling this an 'ignore' or
'hide' feature, as I don't want this to affect the scheduler ('known'
programs can still be recorded) or to hide programs from Watch
Recordings. This is just about creating a list of programs that the user
'knows' about and having that gently and optionally affect the UI in
certain ways.

Cheers,

John

--