[mythtv-users] Hardware death - CPU vs motherboard?

Kawayanan kawayanan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 15:40:30 UTC 2009

Thanks for the suggestions.

As for the RAM, I know its compatible.  There were 2x 1GB stick in it for
two years.  Neither changed anything alone in either slot.  A new stick of
the same type (DDR2 800) in either slot didn't help either.

I have removed everything that is not integral to the motherboard for
testing (sound and video are built in, but I removed tuners, cdrom, HD,
etc.).  Adding thing back carefully doesn't change anything either.

I have already reset the BIOS (according to instruction - remove battery and
change jumper to discharge).  No help there.

The P1-AH2 is an Asus barebones that is not a conventional size/shape.  I
can't try it in another case.  If its the motherboard, I pretty much just
need a new computer.  If its the CPU, I can get a replacement for around $40
I think, but if its not thats a waste (no point in getting a new MB to use
it since its outdated).

I'll check if one of the PSU's on old computers I have might be usable to
try.

Anyone have suggestions of good, reasonably inexpensive frontend/backend
machines that can take a Hauppauge PVR-500?  :(

Thanks again.