[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA/CLE266 no longer supported? [SOLVED]

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Fri Oct 23 19:34:30 UTC 2009

> I have got myth.21 running on an SP13000 Via board with XvMC
> successfully under Karmic Xubuntu, I have mentioned this in a few
> threads; 2.6.30 kernel fixed the bug.

After waiting to hear from anyone with a well running M1000, I decided
to plunge in and try the latest Koala build myself.
And I am _very_ pleased to be able to report that things are running
very smoothly.

After doing the initial install and adding a playback profile consisting
just of VIA XvMC for all content, I have a well running frontend that
displays my mpeg2 content at less than 30% CPU (less than I ever saw
before!).

I do not know what the problem was and what solved it, but I am glad
that I'll be able to update my mythtv setup to the 0.22 very soon now.

Thanks folks,

Ronald