[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.22: LiveTV over UPNP?

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:31:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Dan <tv at lazybum.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can I view LiveTV over UPNP in 0.22 RC?
>>
>> I've read over the release notes but did not see this mentioned. I
>> know in the past this was not available. I'm using a Popcornhour A-100
>> for most of my records viewing and it would be great if this was
>> possible.
>
> I don't believe it is.  Can you stream an in-progress recording via UPnP?
> If so you could just start a recording and then start watching that.
>
> Kevin

Yes, you can, but depending on the client, it will not update the end
time once you start watching it. For instance, if you start watching a
60 minute long show, and it has been recording for 30 minutes, the
uPNP client will only see the first 30 minutes, and will stop playback
at that point. You would then need to go back into the recording to
see the rest. At least that is how my PS3 handles it, other clients
may deal better with it.

Tom